Thank you for considering submitting your work to Indie Authors Press.
Indie Authors Press is actively seeking talented authors of original works in speculative fiction. We give a voice to authors with varying interests and levels of experience. We champion originality and freedom of expression, giving writers scope to find their true inner-voice. Rather than simply publishing books, we want to establish a culture that shares new voices, as well as ensuring intellectual property gets the respect and protection it deserves.
Please find listed below details about our lines and their requirements
- Speculative Science Fiction CLOSED
- Fantasy & Dark Fantasy CLOSED
- Altered States Anthology Series CLOSED
- Electronic Submission and Manuscript Format
Speculative Science Fiction
Who are you?
- You are a writer who can tell an exciting, dramatic and futuristic story.
- You are eager to promote your work and build your community of readers.
- Authors can be from any publishing background or none. We welcome new writers as well as established authors whether with an agent or without. Remember it’s the writing that counts.
What are we looking for?
- We want fast-paced, well-plotted, character oriented novels.
- We believe that the story is king! Your story should be focused on telling a story through a character’s point of view rather than overly stressing the technology of your universe.
- We consider all of the many sub-genres in Science Fiction. By this, we mean Cyberpunk, Time travel, Alternate history, Military science fiction, Superhuman, Apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic, Space opera, Space Western, Social science fiction, Climate fiction, Mundane science fiction, Biopunk, Slipstream, etc. This list is not definitive.
- We do not shy away from explicit sex, violence and extreme language so long as it moves the story forward.
- Between 60,000 and a maximum 120,000 words.
- A fresh premise that can be conveyed in a marketing hook of 2 – 3 sentences.
- Believable, three-dimensional characters.
- A gripping, suspenseful style.
- Credible world-building that can make even the strangest universes believable.
- Within the speculative science-fiction genres, though borders often blur.
Fantasy & Dark Fantasy
Altered States Anthlogy Series
NOTE: SUBMISSIONS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR THIS TITLE
Indie Authors Press is proud to announce the upcoming anthology, ALTERED STATES ANTHOLOGY SERIES Vol. III. for print and electronic publication to be published in 2018.
Indie Authors Press is seeking short stories written by established and upcoming writers from around the world with a Cyberpunk theme. We are looking for stories that explore the full range that this genre allows.
WIKI :- Cyberpunk is a postmodern science fiction genre noted for its focus on “high tech and low life.” It features advanced science, such as information technology and cybernetics, coupled with a degree of breakdown or radical change in the social order.
Cyberpunk plots often centre on a conflict among hackers, artificial intelligence, and mega corporations, and tend to be set in a near-future Earth. The settings are usually post-industrial dystopias but tend to be marked by extraordinary cultural ferment and the use of technology in ways never anticipated by its creators (“the street finds its own uses for things”). Much of the genre’s atmosphere echoes film noir, and written works in the genre often use techniques from detective fiction.
We want exceptionally well written original works, no reprints.
All submissions should:
- Word Count: Strictly 2,000 to 10,000 words.
- Be typed in Courier or Times New Roman 12
- Be typed in line with Standard Manuscript Format. Details can be found atwww.shunn.net/format/story.html
- Include your full details (name/address/telephone number/email address). Multiple submissions up to a maximum of two stories per author can be submitted.
- All stories must be saved as in RTF format and emailed to;
- Your email subject header should read SURNAME/TITLE/WORD COUNT (include word count)
Each contributor will need to sign a contract to be emailed to authors whose work is accepted. Initial contract length will be for exclusive print and electronic rights for one year.
Payment will be $10 for each story via PayPal 3 months after the date of publication. Contributors MUST have a PayPal account. Contributors will also receive a free, electronic contributor’s copy of the anthology.
We are not looking for stories that include excessive racism, abuse, or political and religious proselytizing. We will not accept any fan fiction.
Please submit only one story at a time. Any more than this and all stories will be rejected without consideration.
The anthology will be edited by Jorge Salgado-Reyes. The editor has sole discretion regarding which submissions will be included in the anthology, their decision is final. Please do not resubmit a rejected submission as it will be rejected unseen without further consideration.
DEADLINE: Until filled.
Electronic Submission and Manuscript Format
- We accept email submissions. We do NOT accept paper submissions. NOTE: We do not accept any previously self-published material.
- Please include authors name, story title and number of words in the subject header. e.g. (Smith, John/Punchy Story Title/85000 words)
- Please mention your prior publishing history and any other relevant information (e.g., if you send us a story about a private investigator and you happen to be a private investigator, mention that).
- All stories should be in standard manuscript format and can be submitted in either RTF or DOC format. For information about standard formatting, see William Shunn’s guide to Proper Manuscript Format.
An automated email confirmation will be sent to you on receiving your submission. If you have not received this email within forty-eight hours, please do notify us by email. You can query us about the submission using the email form below after three months of not hearing back from us. Thanks for your interest in Indie Authors Press and good luck!